Legal Articles: Criminal Law
DATE PUBLISHED: oct 2, 2014
Five points you should know about breach of trust before you accuse somebody
- Breach of trust can only take place if the crime’s object was a movable property, whether it was money or document.
- Breach of trust takes place when the accused embezzles or uses or wastes what was delivered to him without a legal right.
- In order for breach of trust to take place the accused must receive the possession of the object only in one of the following cases: As a lease or trust or usage or mortgage or proxy.
- Unlike theft and fraud in order for breach of trust to take place the victim must suffer damages.
- In case a shareholder prevents the other shareholders from practicing their legal rights on their shares and takes those shares for his exclusive interest, such a shareholder can be charged for breach of trust.
back to top