The Question: Can I Get a Refund from Unwanted Gifts?

Posted on

I have been given a book and CD for a birthday present but I already have both, I have been given the original receipt. Can I get a cash refund or am I only allowed a store credit voucher?

Answer: According to article 5 of the Consumer Protection law no 24 of 2006, the law only provides for a refund in two events: a) discovery of a faulty product; b) supplied product was of a different description. If the store policy allows for a refund, you may demand it, if not, you will have to accept a credit note.

Author: Hassan Elhais

Date Updated: May 15, 2017